When it comes it power supply, there are not too many things I needed to consider. First of all, I realized a mid-range power supply should be enough, as I don't plan on having many DVD drives or graphics cards. I was aiming for a 550-750w PSU. Another thing I wanted, was a PSU with modular cabling, which allows you to disconnect wires that are unused. The final thing I considered, was brand name. Now I know most of the time any generic component will work. But when power supplies break, often the generic ones will take the rest of your computer with it. So I made sure it was a reliable PSU maker.
I looked into quite a few PSUs, and was stuck choosing between the Corsair 650w and the Fatal1ty (named after a pro gamer who started his own products) 550w. I was going to decide when the OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w appeared at $99.99 with $25 off and $25 mail in rebate. I know mail-in rebates can be tricky to get sometimes, but this was a good power supply, so I went with it. It's modular and has a 80PLUS certification, which means more energy efficient.Part 2e
No comments:
Post a Comment